This is the final conference of the LIFE SIDE project. The event will provide the opportunity to present the conclusions of a literature-based report assessing the performance of the EU ETS and to discuss some of the most pressing issues of the EU ETS post-2020.
The conference will gather an audience of high-level policy makers and stakeholders, including representatives from European institutions, the industrial sector, NGOs and academia. After the presentation of the report’s conclusions, three sessions will be dedicated to the following topics in relation to the EU ETS post-2020: low-carbon innovation, interactions with other policies, and the international dimension. Particular attention will be devoted to the replicability of the LIFE SIDE project in other world regions with nascent cap-and-trade systems similar to the EU ETS.
- Session 1: Presentation of the EU ETS assessment report
- Session 2: Low-carbon innovation in the EU ETS: the Innovation Fund and beyond
- Session 3: The EU ETS in the policy mix: has a better balance been achieved?
- Session 4: The international dimension of the EU ETS: what prospects for carbon market cooperation?
- Session 5: Replicability of the LIFE SIDE project