Via Giovanni Boccaccio 121
This training course aimed to provide European policy makers with a comprehensive analysis of the functioning and regulation of the EU ETS and of its interaction with other European policies.
The course comprised eight lectures (including interaction with the participants) on the following topics:
- The EU climate policy and the EU ETS
- Free allowance allocation
- Competitiveness effects and carbon leakage
- Interactions with other policies
- Low-carbon innovation and investment
- The international dimension: linking carbon markets
- The role of bank and other financial actors
- Price drivers, market power and behaviour.
The course was designed to ensure an effective learning environment in a small group of participants and to enable learning and networking opportunities through open debates and Q&A sessions.